Monday, September 22, 2008

Bento 7

I adore autumn and today is the very first day,

so I took the time to make this adorable lunch.


This is for my film class tonight, after last week and the Bicycle Thief, I think I need a treat, so here it is, Autumn-themed Bento. Something to keep me sane while trying to read subtitles and take notes at the same time, don't get me wrong, I love films. Especially ones with Jimmy Stewart, Paul Newman or Steve McQueen, but unfortuantly we never watch those classics, only critically acclaimed films. Yuck, what do the critics know anyway? Anyway, sometimes the best way to get through class is to just agree. Your grades are almost always better, teachers, instructors and professors alike have bias, so you use it. It is a terrible thing to admit to, but sometimes, when you know you can't win with your opionon, use theirs. This must be why I like science better than the liberal arts something about 2+2=4 is undeniable. Anyway, enought rant, onto the Bento. (I think I will come back and edit this some more, but alas, I have homework to start)

Alright, in the Top Corner we have a festive whole wheat tortilla with cheese layers shaped in with a delightful pumpkin cookie cutter. Surrounding the jack-o-lantern are cheese and spinach corn on the cob. All I did was cut marble cheese into oval shapes and cut small leaves of spinach and applied them. They look adorable, I just love them, so cute.

Inbetween the football pick and the pumpkin are bologna stars (hard to see them really), and over in the far corner we have a mini-corn muffin rapped in a fall liner.

Below all of that is a bundle of tiny julianed carrots wrapped in chives. I was going for a bail of straw look. hehe. Oh, well it's not perfect.

The round autumn flower is made of five pickle slices and a fancy cut radish in a re-usable mini-muffin liner. As a space filler we have 2 narrow slices of grapefruit, conviently orange.

In the far left corner we have a small cookie, which is iced in colours that have nothing to do with autumn, but I wanted something sweet, under that we have a wildberry muffin top.

As fillers in this bento we have grape tomatoes, jelly beans and a carrot jack-o-lantern, all I didd was score the carrot and smear cheese into it. Strange I know.
















2 comments:

Ian Wassink said...

These bentos look fantastic. I would eat them... if you would make me one.

Swiftrunner said...

Thank you. Don't hold your breath, I hardly have the sanity to make one for myself, but you never know, my mind might snap somewhere around mid-terms and I might turn up at the school like a bag-lady with bento's in tow for all.