Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bento 13

Compartments.

(The day I had this, I just couldn't stand food touching other food)

I, like many young people, grew up in a world where food didn't touch other food. Mothers carefully plated peas a great distance fromt the mash potatoes and I was spoiled. As I got older, to the Rip Old Age I am at now, I taught myself to eat mixed foods, I tolerated it for years, but have come to love my Bubble-and-Squeak (That's British for, Carrots, Peas and Potatoes all mashed together). The day I ate this was an off day, I was feeling icky and all I wanted was to stay in my warm bed, eat Chicken Soup and watch the Price is Right. But I couldn't, it was a Tueday, and I have class all day.

So, this became a quick comfort, that and my Thermos of Chicken Soup.
We have Bananas, Oranges, Berries, Walnuts, Dried Cranberries and a mustard and white bread sandwitch. Easy to digest and nothing was touching. It was heaven. How will I ever go back to my haphazard Bento ways.


Comming Soon : That Bio Bento, I am working out the details, I have a few planned study sessions, and I need to make a few study Lunches.

2 comments:

Ian Wassink said...

The food may not be touching each other in the box, but they will happily mix together in that pit they call your stomach.

Swiftrunner said...

Yes I completly agree.