Monday, January 26, 2009

Bento 17

BENTO + THE FLU = Mini -Pancakes

Yuck. Eww. Gross.

I have been sick for a week (Feeling 100% Now) and while I still made it to most of my classes without coughing over everything and contaminating other people, I still made my Bento's. When you're sick, you need them even more.

This is comfort food. Tasty Breakfast with all the toppings perked me up during Geography and was I ever thrilled to have a hot Thermos of Tea. Sometimes being sick is a blessing in disguise (I felt no guilt in scorffing down the whipped cream and maple syrup)

Alright, We have a mini-stack of Pancakes and between them is a frozen disc of maple syrup. I have it timed out that I make a bunch of panckes, pour syrup between two and then put them in a container in the freezer. Then when I want one, I just pull them out and by mid-day the syrup has thawed just enough to be a liquid and not enough to run into everything else. Oddly enough, I worked out the timing perfectly and yet still have no skills in math, hmm?

There is also a strip of bacon that was leftover tucked between the grapes. In the little red cup is some dried cranberries and in the other tub a serving of sweet whipped cream. Yum. Best Lunch/Breakfast yet.

Cross-Posted to bentolunch.livejournal.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh- So Sorry You're Sick, but the pancake looks so good

Found you on BentoLunch!
Linda

Swiftrunner said...

Thanks! I'm much better now.

BentoLunch is amazing, I love seeing everyone's cute Bento's.