Monday, October 20, 2008

Bento 10

This was Reading Week.


These would be merangue ghosts. Adorable and delicious and so simple.
3 egg whites and 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar and 1/4 cup of sugar. Whip it all up and pipe in ghost shapes. Bake and 200 for about 45 min and put chocolate chip eyes in. Tasty, though I did burn my just a bit, kinda like toasted marshmellows.



I had to work long Thanskgiving shift work, find time to vote, and prepare for 2 midterms, an in class assignment and cleaning my space, but I did find the time to sneak in a tasty Bento for a day I dedicated to study (yes I actually study during study week). On the tray are many leftover Thanksgiving scented candles I thought I would enjoy the ambient light on the stormy day. I giant mug of tea, a plate of tortilla crisps, and a side of ceasar dressing for dipping.
Yes, Readinng Week, in sneaks up on us all, some of us begging for it, others dreading it. I am particularly happy for the break and time with my parents over the Thanksgiving Weekend, but then again I work and I have mid-terms after this. Who scheduals these things? I use my reading week for catch up, I'm sure most of us do. I like to sleep in late, talk to old friends and even do some reading I should have done weeks ago.

In the actual Bento, I have olices, cheese cutouts, dried fruit, a ghost merengue (see top for pic) candy corn, leftover turkey and a leftover waffle cut into squares filled with homemade jam.


This was a relief from Biology textbooks and dissapointing plans with friends.




No comments: