Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bento 8 and 9

Too Busy to Bento
Wow, it's been a busy week, nothing like work and deadlines all in the same week to through my lunch making off course. Oh well, I did make this Bento, on Monday to eat that night in film. This is a sweet-heavy Bento, because I needed something sugary.



Starting in the Top Left Corner: A re-usable muffin cup of mini-marshmellows. To the right is a purple iced cow-cookie and leftover pancake cut-out in the shape of a Giraffe. (I was brought back food-dye pens from Winnipeg last Saturday, so I wanted to use them). Below those are dried aprocots.

In the Far, Bottom Right Corner, Autumn inspired jelly-beans in an autumn cupcake liner. Beside that we have leftover pancake squares with peanut butter inbetween. I have found a way to use leftovers, cover them in sugar. Yum. Alright so this wasn't the most health-oriented Bento, but a little wiggle-room made all the difference.

Okay, this was Tuesday, my long,long 10 hour day where I am trapped at the University due to my stupidity by allowing myself to schedual 2 labs and a lecture on the same day, oh, well, I get to make satisfying Bento's to get me through the day.
That's part of why I started doing this, cafeteria food is horrible, expensive and doesn't keep me full. So I substituted buying food with making tasty, filling flavourful food.

Alright, I must admit I am a cookie-cutter freak, I love them, they are so adorable. The cantaloup (sp?) giraffes were extra-delicious.

Beside those are the last of the cauliflower and raddishes, (they were starting to turn).

In the main compartment, we have a shrimp/crab/lobster pasta shell, a babybel cheese, a mini-cup of olives and the last carrot. Oh, and in the cup, yogurt for dipping the giraffes in.

Well, these were simple, and almost basic bento's. And now that it is getting cooler, I crave more meat. So, say goodbye to the tropical fruits and veg, and hello to iron-rich red meats, yum. More to come.

5 comments:

Fraffy said...

Any chance your in Invertebrate zoology?

Swiftrunner said...

Nope. But I am always in the science Wing. Why?

Fraffy said...

I just thought I had seen you there the other day and you had mentioned your in a lot of classes with labs thats all :P.

athena said...

i can not get over how CUTE these things are. i had never heard of bento boxes before...and now i'm always curious to see what you'll come up with next, haha.

props to something a little bit different!

Swiftrunner said...

I'm In Enviromental Science, but I have Bio and have labs all the time, thanks for the comments!