Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bento 11

Simple. Tasty.

Alright, in the big divider, leftover chicken breast strips with carrots and baby tomatoes. I must Remind myself that I will need my KFS (Knife, Fork, Spoon, mine is an old military set that clips together and attaches to my bag, maybe I should take a photo of them.) I wonder how everyone else packs their lunches, that is if they do. Do you take silverware? I feel weird sitting in class or in the Caf or even in the Owl's Nest with metal silverware. Oh, well, they are just so nice to have, durable re-usable and unique.

Anyway, in the left side, a mini-cheesecake with a green merichino cherry. Delicious. Made them myself, well I make most of it myself. If anyone wants a hot tip, don't open the oven door when making cheesecake, I did and now they are cracked, so I had to top them, oh well, happy accident. Oh, it is surrounded by strawberries and raspberries.

And in the last compartment, we have leftover meatloaf chunks and a muffin-liner with blue cheese chunks and a Babybel laughing cow cheese square. Oh, and a pick for eating!

This one was quick too, but I have a plan for my next few Bento's, (I can't wait for Thanksgiving).

I was also wondering if anyone out their would be interested in doing some sort of lunch swap or meet-up, I'd love to share some of my food and tips with others, y'know I figure student's would show up, free food and all. Maybe a Cooking Club? Any thoughts?

4 comments:

anonymous-9ae said...

I love checking out your lunches, haha! It makes me wish I did that, but I doubt I'd be able to carry it around long enough to last! Where did you get the bento boxes which hold the food? In the mall? It's great to seperate everything (this is where I just pointed out the obvious, lol)

Swiftrunner said...

Thank you! I love making them, and remarkably, they hold up in my bag hours later if I pack them well (tiny food + small box + crowded bus ride = a happy mess), they stay neat, keep everything compact. Anyway, I got most of my boxes from yard sales, yes, the frugal side of me is exposed, lol. But the big container I use, is a Lock and Lock, you can get it anywhere for about 4$ and it has divided, movable compatments. I am actually going to post a 'Catalougue' of sorts to showcase all the tools I use, most people, (even students) have them, maybe they didn't bring them with them to Res, but a tiny cookie cutter takes no real space.

Haha, and yes it is great to seperate everything! (too me it feels like I'm having a 3-5 course meal)

athena said...

do the people sitting beside you in class ever comment on your neat little lunches?

i mean, i don't think i've ever had a class with you, but i'm pretty sure i'd blatantly stare at your little foods if given the opportunity.

Swiftrunner said...

Haha! I do get comments and looks. I took second year film for another elective, and the only other women in the class sits with me, she always comments as she eats her cafeteria food, usually I share the tiny cookies with her.

They usually don't say too much, (maybe they think it would be rude too, or they can't belive I'd pack tiny foods) but they look. I don't really mind it.

If you ever see me anywhere in the school, (usually I'm in the Owl's Nest on Tuesdays), just take a peek. Everything is cuter in real life.