Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bento 1

Haggis, Corn, Fajita's and Grapes...Oh, My!


So, I am backtracking, I finally got this page up and running so it's catch up time. This was my First Day of Class, Keep It Simple Stupid Bento. I am starting my Second Year at Nipissing in the Enviromental Geography Department, and I needed something to nosh on during those long 3 hour lectures. Best of all, we pushed on that day and we neglected to break for longer than 5 minutes in the middle, so I sat smuggly with my Bento while others suffered with expensive vending machine 'food'. Life and Lunch can be so Cruel.


Okay, lets go!

Top Left: Part of a Cob of Corn (it's hidden under the carrots) , surrounded by Carrots, a Tomatoe Centre and 4 Cucumber Butterflies. I have been eating cucumber like it's going out of fashion, fresh from my garden, an absolute delight.

Top Right: On the bottom is a Cheese circle in red wax, and on top is delicious leftover Haggis, yes, I like Haggis. Yes, I know what it's made of, I made it. One part, sheeps' stomach, one part heat, one part liver, and a whole lot of barley and spice to make it go down easier. Wonderfully delicious (and disgusting for those not of the Scottish persuasion) Haggis. I removed the casings, for ease of consumption and so not everyone around me stares in utter disgust while I enjoy it's deliciousness.

Bottom Left: 5 Mini-star fajitas. Made with cheese, olive, hot peppers and an adorable star cookie cutter. I made a bunch for the freezer. Yum.

Bottom Right: Concord Canadian Grapes (fresh is best, only get these for a few weeks a year here...) and whole olives. It's almostan International Bento. Best of all it's tasty.

No comments: