Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bento 6

Best Photo Yet, and Best Bento Yet.

I love this Bento, it was fantastic and was a delicious break to Enviromental Science. Even though we were only their for maybe an hour on Thursday, the tedium of the course was killing me. I feel as though I am the only one with common sense in the course, then again, I am obsessed about Bento, so what do I know. This Bento got me through the day. Here we go...



This photo is fantastic, the quality is great, I took it just before sundown, the light was great.

Anyway, In the Top Corner we have sliced apples. I corner an apple, sliced it into little slivers and arranged it to look like half an apple. The 'seeds' are dried cranberries. TIP: A little lemon juice on fresh cut fruit keeps everything looking fresh, no brown apples for me.

Below this we have leftover lemon couscous topped with a fancy cut raddish abd chives. Just a little fancy feast for my eyes. I had a busy week, and I took the time out from studying Biology and cleaning my room to produce this little treat.

In the top corner we have a carrot bundle. I feel the size is distorted, those little sticks are truly tiny, about 5-7 cm long and maybe a few mm in width. What can I say, everything tastes better tiny. A bound them with a long chive. The carrots rest on a bed of olives and nestled between are a tiny fork and spoon.

In the Bottom Corner we have home-grown lettuce with tiny tomatoes on a sword skewer (which I got at the Bins and Bins) for a splash of colour.

Alright, the middle, the bottom object is home-made seafood shells. A fantastic concoction of crab, shrimp and imitations lobster (flavoured pollak) with a blend of spinach and riccotta. It is simple and delicious and freezes fantasticly, it's better cold then warm. Ontop we have a tiny poorly iced cookie, see the post previous for info. To put the bento to scale, that cookie is about the size of a nickel.

P.S. For an Enviromental Science Lunch, me the skeptic had the most economical, and proabably most enviromentally friendly lunch their. ie. I saw a mountain of Tim Hortons Cups, Chip bags and cookie wrappers. Just an ironic little note wanted to add.

No comments: