Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bento 5

Alright, my Week was awful, I missed 2 labs, count them, 2. How did that happen? Something slipped my mind and I decided to sleep all Tuesday, oh well, I can't cry over spilt milk, however I can about spilt water.. But I did have this delicious lunch, represented by the terrible photo below, to sooth my nerves.
It isn't one of my better bento's, it's kinda washed out, and well my water bottle leaked all over my biology notes and this bento, so it was a little more fluid then I intended when I went to eat it.



Alright, In the Top Corner, we have a very tasty, very salty Pepper Salade. It's just cut up peppers, onion, feta cheese, and olives tossed in a zippy bag with some vinegar, olive oil and feta brine. Simple. Just marinate in the fridsge, the longer the better.

That washed out white object, um, leftover spunge(sp?) cake, to say the cake became the lifesaver of my lunch is an understatement. You see, the lock and lock lid of my container came loose or maybe in my post-sleep delerium I forgot to seal it tight, well anyway, water poured into this lunch and while the cake was unedible, it took one for the team.

To finish this bento I added a line of tiny tomatoes to act as stabilizers for the rest of the food, (if building were made of interchangeble foods, I could be an engineer, lucky for everyone, their not.) Anyway, I had a few minutes to spare for this one, so I skewerd a few with frozen mini-meatballs and cheese. Oh, that blob in the corner, meatloaf. And to add insult to bento injury, I forgot a spoon.

So, while my classes were missed and my notes stained, and still managed to pull through with an average meal and average day.

No comments: